Oracle spatial performance issue

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Tue Dec 4 06:17:11 EST 2007

Hi,
    I believe that in the first version of the Oracle Spatial driver for
Mapserver (sometime ago, in 2001/2002) the ordered was present in the
SQL. But unfortunately I didn't remember why this token was remove. I
will check about this token, but can you send the EXPLAIN for the two
queries? How many rows are in your table? We can check the difference
between both.
    You can try to do something like this for your data definition:
        DATA "SHAPE FROM (SELECT /*+ ordered */OBJECTID, OBJTYPE, SHAPE
FROM KARTDATA.N50_HoydeKontur) USING UNIQUE OBJECTID VERSION 10g"
    Best regards.

Fernando Simon