temp directory remain empty

Piero Cavalieri Piero.Cavalieri at HEIDI.IT
Wed Dec 5 04:22:36 EST 2007

Maybe your IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL options are not correct. However images in temp dir are not used by Mapserver for caching. The cgi is stateless, and u have to find some other way to have chaching, I think.

Cheers
 Piero

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Milo van der Linden
Sent: mercoledì 5 dicembre 2007 9.59
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] temp directory remain empty

Hello list,

My mapserver is not running optimal.

I serve a global bathymetry raster and the maps that users request are
always based upon a fixed extent (country boundaries)
- Somehow nothing happens in my map-temp directory, I see no temp files
appear.
- If I manage to get temp files into my map-temp, will mapserver use
them as cache?
- Are there other ways to set up caching with mapservers?

Any tip at all will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden