temp directory remain empty

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Wed Dec 5 10:23:54 EST 2007

matt.pettis at thomson.com wrote:
> Can you point to some good TileCache examples?  I've been trying to come
> up with a home-grown caching system, and I'd love to use one built by
> someone smarter than me who's already done the work...

Well, it's a bit off-topic, discussing TileCache examples, but okay...

This one is still very much in progress. Expect it to be slow, as
cache-seeding is still in progress.
http://69.59.158.15/spraywatch2/

This one is still a pilot, not yet reviewed by the client. Go ahead and
create an account and you'll see the mapping components inside.
http://www.redwoodag.com/

TileCache's website is www.tilecache.org and as far as I know, it's
still the only WMS-C server out there. It's made by the same folks who
created OpenLayers, and I usually use it with OpenLayers, but as long as
one has a map app contrived to only show certain zooms+scales (that is,
"tiles") then it should work for those needs.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA