google maps

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Dec 7 10:55:54 EST 2007

Attila Berényi wrote:
> I'm just wondering if it's possible to display Google MAPS images
> somehow as raster layer in Mapserver. I've tried but not much success so
> far. :(

Folks ask that all the time, and with good reason.

The short answer is: No.

The long answer is: Someone tried it once and had it somewhat working,
then got a cease-and-desist order because it's a violation of Google's
licensing.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA