google maps

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Dec 7 11:08:31 EST 2007

P Kishor wrote:
> do the other way around... display MapServer layers in Google Maps.
> That way you don't violate Google's TOS, yet, get to use their imagery
> and their Maps API, so get the best of both worlds.

Oh definitely. I use this trick for displaying large amounts of vector
data atop Google Maps imagery, when I know that the vector data is way
too much to present as vector data.

It does have the usual caveats, though: you're using Google's software
and API, so you're subject to their terms. But if you can live with
that, definitely a good move.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA