HostGIS+OpenLayers WMS requests to mapserver problems

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Thu Dec 13 23:11:44 EST 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>> Seems pretty normal to me. A styles param is optional,
> A styles parameter is not optional according to the WMS 1.1 spec

I meant the value for it. Pardon my unclarity.

>> It's also very normal to require the width, height, bbox, and SRS, and
>> format. If it was working before without them, defaulting to whatever
>> was in the mapfile, then that was a lax enforcement of WMS standard and
>> you should be glad it's been fixed. ;)

> I disagree with this statement, but I do agree that those parameters are
> required as part of the WMS spec, and if you're using MS 5.0, it seems
> likely that this is the change you are running into.

With which part do you disagree? That it's a good thing that those
required params are required? Or that he should be glad for it?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA