Too Many Symbols

Fri Dec 14 07:36:18 EST 2007

Gagan Bansal wrote:
> I am facing same problem. limit for sysmbol size.
> I have increased the limit 200 in mapsymbol.h file and recompiled.
> #define MS_MAXSYMBOLS 200    /* maximum number of symbols in a symbol
> file */
>
> but  after increasing symbols in symbol.sym from 64 to 74, there is still errro.
>
> I am using
> MapServer 5.0.0
> OS : RHEL 4.6 AS x86_64
> PHP: 5.2.5

Are you sure you are really using MapServer 5.0?

In MapServer 5.0, there is no longer a limit to the number of symbols,
so you should not get an error.

Plus, the mapsymbol.h from MapServer 5.0 no longer has the MS_MAXSYMBOLS
line that you quote above (obviously since the limit is gone).

Maybe you have multiple installations on your machine and you are not
using the version that you think you are using?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/