WMS with locale

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Dec 14 11:24:27 EST 2007

Murty Maganti wrote:
> Question to all WMS experts
>

> Does WMS request take locale specific formatted numbers or WMS responses
> return locale specific formatted numbers. For example, for Spanish
> culture, decimal separator is ‘,’ instead of ‘.’. If I run WMS service
> on a machine with current locale as Spain, is GetCapabilties going to
> return extents formatted to Spanish. Does it accept to send extents
> formatted to Spanish culture and specify the culture as part of request.
> I could not find any info in WMS cookbook.

Murty,

   There is no such direct support in Mapserver. Maybe a way to approach
this would be to use mapscript with the wxs support
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wxs_mapscript) to parse input
requests and modify the output xml to fit your needs.

Best Regards,

> Thanks
>
> Murty Maganti

Assefa Yewondwossen