queryByShape performance

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at FREE.FR
Tue Dec 18 09:42:41 EST 2007

Le Tuesday 18 December 2007 15:25:00 Guillaume Sueur, vous avez écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> I'm building a piece of software using a queryByShape to retrieve all
> administrative boundaries covered by a specific layer. I have severe
> performance issues when the layer's shape is spatially wide and
> geometrically precise (many coordinates). Is there a way to improve the
> performances ? I thought using shptree on both shapes could help, but
> apparently not. Any clue ?
>
> Thanks

Why don't you use a simplified layer of administrative boundaries for your
search? Or use a postgis table as you are using a huge layer data (Huge data
is better and faster accessed in a postgis layer than in a shape file as the
connection time is shorter than the request)?

If you need great accuracy, I have no clue, sorry ;)

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin
---