mapserver update

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Thu Dec 20 01:42:55 EST 2007

G'day Reinhard,

Notwithstanding anyone else's suggestions, I've had problems in the
past trying up install php mapscript on FreeBSD.

the fix that got me past it was (special thanks to Eric 'Lontong' for
this fix) you need to edit Makefile in mapscript/php3 path.

 > vi mapscript/php3/Makefile

change variable CFLAGS in the top to something else (e.g. CFLAGS1)
then change :

CFLAGS112 = $(CFLAGS) $(MS_DEFINE) $(MS_INC) $(PHP_INC) $(PHP_REGEX_INC)

to :

CFLAGS112 = $(MS_DEFINE) $(MS_INC) $(PHP_INC) $(PHP_REGEX_INC)

and add :

CFLAGS = $(CFLAGS1) $(CFLAGS112)

finally, scroll down to in
compiler %.o: %.c php_mapscript_util.h php_mapscript.h

$(CC) $(CFLAGS112) -c -o $@ $<

change :

$(CFLAGS112)

to:

$(CFLAGS)

 > make

but as I said this was on FreeBSD with MapServer 4.10

In fact, it was so frustrating it encouraged me to document the whole
process of installing!

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/freebsd62mapserver410

which might help depending on your platform.

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin