New to Mapserver

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Dec 20 14:10:11 EST 2007

OK - I promise I'll only ask one more time, and then give up <g>.

For which countries do you need map data, whether it's free or not?  If your customers are expected to supply them, what maps were you asking about when you asked for data?

     - Ed

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of David H. McCoy
Sent: Thu 12/20/2007 1:14 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] New to Mapserver

The customers will be expected to supply their own maps or floorplans from
whatever source they deem appropriate.

I need a map for development purposes. Somethng large enought to pan
around, something that can be zoomed, something to which I can add marker,
preferably something free that I can go grab.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:49:48 -0500, Ed McNierney <ed at TOPOZONE.COM>
wrote:

>David -
>
>Well, I may be correct, but you didn't answer my question <g>.  The
availability and sources of map data - whether free or not - varies widely by
geography, and if you can tell us what geography you're interested in
(floorplans in Antarctica?) we might be able to suggest good sources.

>     - Ed
>
>Ed McNierney
>Chief Mapmaker
>Demand Media / TopoZone.com
>73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
>North Chelmsford, MA  01863
>ed at topozone.com
>Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
>Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396

USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of David H. McCoy