FW: No color showing up in map

David J. Renz David.Renz at CITYOFMEDFORD.ORG
Thu Dec 20 14:36:23 EST 2007

Hello.
I am just getting started with MapServer.

I have created a map that connects to a test postGIS database.
I also have an demo MapScript (C#) app that connects successfully to the
map.
The application is able to pull up the map and I can get around.

The problem is that my map is only showing up in black and white.
I have defined the layer classes through Quantum GIS (Titan) and the map
was successfully exported (for the most part).

Can anyone tell me why this map file is only drawing in color?

See map file snippet below:

  LAYER
    NAME "citypoly"
    TYPE POLYGON
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=postgis password=xxxx user=xxx"
    DATA "the_geom FROM citypoly"
    METADATA
      'wms_title' 'citypoly'
    END