Zoom to location by name or other parameter using cgi mapserv

Bob Basques bob.b at GRITECHNOLOGIES.COM
Sat Dec 22 11:22:05 EST 2007

Ben (and Richard),

I know I've been sounding like a broken record on the list lately with
regard to GeoMoose, but . . .  :c)

In one of the Demo datasets that is included with the Windows (MS4W)
version of GeoMoose, there is a selection and highlighting example
already set up for use with MapServer.

The GeoMoose client framework utilizes the INCLUDE option for MapServer
mapfiles to a rather high degree, and each of these capabilities have
been included in the demo as MapFile template fragments that are used to
achieve the (your) results, both for zooming and highlighting.   There
was even recently (within the last month) a how-to put together on the
subject that was posted to the GeoMoose site.

See:
http://www.geomoose.org/moose/documentation/how-tos/how-to-add-a-text-box-search?searchterm=zoom+to

This is a pretty good description of how MapServer works it's magic for
lookups too.

Further, if you still want go the route of pre-defining a zoom-to URL,
GeoMoose has a facility for this as well, there is a tool for doing a
Jump-to action that can be pre-populated, you can even include more than
one if needed.  You can get more info about setting this up in the
MAPBOOK documentation at:

http://www.geomoose.org/moose/documentation/configuration-guides/xml-mapbook-configuration/

Specifically, look at the <view> tag set for details.

bobb