World Files - Defining Image Rotation

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at NEOGEO-ONLINE.NET
Wed Dec 26 10:56:34 EST 2007

Hi,

After some test, I confirm the right way to write tfw files for rotated
images is the one described here :
http://www.omg.unb.ca/~jonnyb/processing/geotiff_tifw_format.html
which I can sum up with :

first line of tfw file : pixel resolution * cos(rotation angle in radians)
2nd line : -pixel resolution * sin(rotation angle)
3rd line : -pixel resolution * sin(rotation angle)
4th line : -pixel resolution * cos(rotation angle)
5th and 6th lines still x and y of top left corner.

Hope that helps,

Happy holidays to all mapserver-users lists readers

--
Guillaume SUEUR
Expert SIG et OpenSource