Labels and MINFEATURESIZE

Sture Dingsøyr candalt at ONLINE.NO
Thu Feb 1 05:56:19 EST 2007

Hi again...
I have tried to enter the LABELCACHE OFF to my layer and removed the MINFEATURESIZE, but still not all of the features are labeled...strange... Have tested the data in ArcView...so i think i can rule-out errors in the data..

By default there is no limit on how big a feature is, at least I don't believe there is. So it is not necessary
to set the MINFEATURESIZE parameter. Out of curiosity what happens if you at LABELCACHE OFF to
the layer object below. That *should * label everything drawn. No collision avoidance will happen then
but at least we can see what is and isn't being labeled.

Steve

>>> Sture Dingsøyr <candalt at ONLINE.NO> 1/26/2007 1:53 AM >>>
Hi there...

I have a polygon layer that on high scales only is visible in the map (gif output) as very small areas (maybe as a single pixel). This is fine, but i want to put a label on every polygon regardless of how small they are.

I have tried putting a label on my class with the MINFEATURESIZE parameter but with no luck. The parameter (MINFEATURESIZE) seems to be working, cause if i set i to e.g. 20 my polygons do not get labled until the scale is smaller.

Is there a way to force labels on a polygon layer regardless of how "small" the polygons are?

My layer definition below:
LAYER
	DATA "test"
	LABELITEM "NAME"