Mapserver & SDE 9.1 performance

Hong ljfong at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Thu Feb 1 15:16:19 EST 2007

I am also using MapServer 4.10 compiled with SDE 9.1. From my own observation,
compared to ArcIMS also connecting with SDE 9.1, the performance is about the
same. I would not say the performance is good, with neither of them, but in my
case, it is acceptable. Performance seems to depend on the complexity of the
geometry features as well.

I think performance on SDE layer stored on a remote database is always going
to be inferior compared to the performance on a shapefile stored on the local
environment.

I'm also using a custom compiled MapServer 4.10, a highly trimmed down version
with only the capabilities relevant in my project.

Hong