non-square shapefiles and tileindex

Ara T Howard ara.t.howard at NOAA.GOV
Sat Feb 3 11:47:32 EST 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Ara T Howard wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Brent Fraser wrote:
>

>>  If your goal is to not write any "null" pixels (e.g.  black)  from an
>> input
>>  image into the output image, you can use the OFFSITE layer setting in the
>>  R,G,B values that are to be considered "null" and should not be rendered
>>  into the output image.  And there may be some more sophisticated
>> techniques
>>  using the PROCESSING object in the layer definition.
>>

> so, i just tried that with the mapfile i showed you.  i tried both
>
>  OFFSITE 255 255 255
>
> and
>
>  OFFSITE 255
>
> both result in totally blank output from mapserver for the request i posted?
>
> thoughts?

thinking on this a bit more, i think what i need is a way to tell mapserver

   a) which pixels to consider null

   b) to use ALL coverages from my tileindex which cover the bbox NOT simply
   the first

those two conditions should result in a dynamic mosaicing effect.

anyone done that?

-a
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better.
simply reflect on that.