msDrawMap() output in debug mode

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Feb 5 10:05:15 EST 2007

François Bruneau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In debug mode, the msDrawMap() function outputs lines as the following:
>
> msDrawMap(): Layer 8 (district), 0.297s
>
> As I'm carrying out a performance evaluation, I'd like to have a confirmation that the time displayed is the Render time only.
>
> But the way, does anyone know a mean to access the SQL query time ?
>
> Thanks in advance,

François,

I believe this time also includes the data fetching (which is interleaved
with the rendering).  It does not include the time to render labels
deferred till after all layers.  I don't think it is possible to establish
the time for data fetching since it is interleaved with the rendering.  That
is, DrawLayer() fetches a shape, draws it, fetches the next, draws it, etc.

Best regards,