shpree error while loading shared libraries

P Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Mon Feb 5 15:16:36 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:
> Puneet,
>
> Add /usr/local/arcsde/sdeexe83/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf and run
> ldconfig. (It is dynamically linked, so the linker (ld.so) needs to know
> where to look for it, since it is not in one of the standard system

Yes, that did the trick. Thank you.

> locations. (I don't know why your mapserv is not failing as well,
> perhaps it is not actually linked? Run 'ldd mapserv' to see.))

we are going to rebuild the whole dang thing, and hopefully do it
right this time. Although, yes, it works just fine as is. Who knows
why.

> If you want to recompile just shptree, you should be able to run 'make
> shptree' and do that too.

Thanks for that as well. That is really useful to know.