Mapscript compile error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Feb 7 16:01:21 EST 2007

Hans Wapenaar wrote:
> Frank and Umberto,
>
> Thanks a lot for the support.
> I downloaded both FWTools and MapServer 4.10.0 and I compiled this version
> 4.10.0.
>
> Is it better to download and install the packages gdal/ogr and proj.4
> separately? The suggestion to use FWTools is from the UMN mapserver site
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/javamapscript/view). There was
> written 'you should seriously consider FWTools', so that's what I did.

Hans,

Building all components from source is certainly safer, and on unix it is
generally not that hard (in my opinion!).  The FWTools approach can work
too, but you are likely best either picking an FWTools that corresponds
closely with MapServer 4.10 (perhaps about FWTools 1.1.0?) or using the
current mapserver source with the latest FWTools.

Best regards,