Problem with connecting to MySQL with OVF-file

Chris Beaart beaart at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Feb 7 14:12:45 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm running Mapserver and pMapper on a Linux-Debian system and I have
installed MySQL, added a database called dop and a table called
waarnemingen.

I created a waarnemingen.ovf which looks like this:

<OGRVRTDataSource>

    <OGRVRTLayer name="Waarnemingen">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:dop,user=root,password=testje,host=84.244.182.83,port=3
306,tables=waarnemingen</SrcDataSource>

        <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM waarnemingen</SrcSQL>

        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>

        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>

    </OGRVRTLayer>

</OGRVRTDataSource>

When I run ogrinfo /var/www/data/maps/waarnemingen.ovf I get the following
message:

ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.

ERROR 1: Failed to open datasource
`MYSQL:dop,user=root,password=trashcan,host=84.244.182.83,port=3306,tables=w
aarnemingen'.

FAILURE:

Unable to open datasource `/var/www/data/maps/waarnemingen.ovf' with the
following drivers.

  -> ESRI Shapefile

  -> UK .NTF

  -> SDTS

  -> TIGER

  -> S57

  -> MapInfo File

  -> DGN

  -> VRT

  -> AVCBin

  -> REC

  -> Memory

  -> CSV

  -> GML

  -> ODBC

  -> PostgreSQL

The host is the IP-number of the server where MySQL is running. Using
localhost or 127.0.0.1 results in the same errors.

Can somebody please help to connect to MySQL database. What could be wrong?

Thanks.

Chris Beaart