Big problems to set MS_Mapfile-Path

Reinhard Keltermann r.keltermann at WEB.DE
Mon Feb 12 17:04:26 EST 2007

Dear users,
since a couple of time I`m trying desperately to set my MS_Mapfile-Path.

I`m using Windows XP with ms4w 2.2.2.
I change the httpd.conf in C:/ms4w/Apache/conf

I write at the end:

SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mymaps.exe" MS_MAPFILE=/ms4w/my_directory/abcde.map

Well, obviously the file "abcde.map" lies under C:/ms4w/my_directory/abcde.map

I have copied the file "mapserv.exe" under C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin and renamed the copy to
"mymaps.exe".

I have restarted the Apache server.

But when I use the url:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mymaps.exe

I always get the message: No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.
Why is the mapfile not parsed then????

I have also checked out: SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mymaps" MS_MAPFILE=/ms4w/my_directory/abcde.map
but with the same result.

To see if there is a mistake with the SetEnv-Command I have also written:
SetEnv MS_ERRORFILE "/ms4w/tmp/ms_error.txt"
If there is an error with the mapfile, the error occurs in c:/ms4w/tmp/ms_error.txt, so the SetEnv-Command works.

Who can help please????????
Thank you.
Rich