Big problems to set MS_Mapfile-Path

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Tue Feb 13 04:39:36 EST 2007

Hi Reinhard,

Perhaps you see something on your browser if you send a request:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mymaps.exe?mode=map (maybe also &layers=something, if you do not have default layers)

-Jukka-

________________________________

Lähettäjä: UMN MapServer Users List puolesta: Yewondwossen Assefa
Lähetetty: ti 13.2.2007 1:33
Vastaanottaja: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Aihe: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Big problems to set MS_Mapfile-Path

Hi There,

You might want to try to add something at the end of the url : something
like http://localhost/cgi-bin/mymaps.exe?ttt=1 and force the length of
the QUERY_STRING to be > 0.

Later,

Reinhard Keltermann wrote:
> Dear users,
> since a couple of time I`m trying desperately to set my MS_Mapfile-Path.
>
> I`m using Windows XP with ms4w 2.2.2.
> I change the httpd.conf in C:/ms4w/Apache/conf
>
> I write at the end:
>
> SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mymaps.exe" MS_MAPFILE=/ms4w/my_directory/abcde.map
>
> Well, obviously the file "abcde.map" lies under C:/ms4w/my_directory/abcde.map
>
> I have copied the file "mapserv.exe" under C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin and renamed the copy to
> "mymaps.exe".
>
> I have restarted the Apache server.
>
> But when I use the url:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mymaps.exe
>
> I always get the message: No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.
> Why is the mapfile not parsed then????
>
> I have also checked out: SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mymaps" MS_MAPFILE=/ms4w/my_directory/abcde.map
> but with the same result.
>
> To see if there is a mistake with the SetEnv-Command I have also written:
> SetEnv MS_ERRORFILE "/ms4w/tmp/ms_error.txt"
> If there is an error with the mapfile, the error occurs in c:/ms4w/tmp/ms_error.txt, so the SetEnv-Command works.
>
> Who can help please????????
> Thank you.
> Rich
> XXL-Speicher, PC-Virenschutz, Spartarife & mehr: Nur im WEB.DE Club!
> Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca