Delay time using ECW tile in LINUX

Juanma M. juanma.mr at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 13 05:08:40 EST 2007

Hi all.

I have been working with mapserver in Windows and Linux. I have been using a
ECW tile layer in both and it results in a delay in LINUX of 3-4 seconds. I
don't understand why it is happening because in Windows doesn't take a
second creating the image. The delay is always the same, it doesn't matter
the size of the image or if it is in local or through the network.

I am trying to change the options compiling mapserver or GDAL because it
doesn't seem to be a problem of the apache server because all the other
layers work propperly. I will try also to detect where the delay is produced
by activating the debug mode in mapserver.

Did anyone have the same problem?