Mapserver & GoogleMaps to build point database

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Feb 13 08:58:24 EST 2007

Stefan,

You might want to check out tierrawiki.  http://www.tierrawiki.org/wiki/Main_Page  I haven't played with it much, there was a post about it on planetgs.com yesterday.  It is Wiki-style, but may meet your needs.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Rahkonen Jukka
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:26 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver & GoogleMaps to build point database

Hi,

There seems to be quite a lot of work already done in the Open streetmap project at www.openstreetmap.org with ready made tools for uploading data through recorded GPS tracks or directly digitising on high resolution satellite imagery from Yahoo.  There are tools for rendering the collected data to viewable maps.  It might be worth having a look.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-