Give me your symbol sets! Please? :)

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Tue Feb 13 19:34:31 EST 2007

Hey, all.
Straight to the question:
Does anyone have vector symbol recipes they'd want to share? We're
particularly interested in two-color point symbols, but polygon fills and
line types are nice too.

Now the background:
We have ourselves a fairly nice set of vector symbols defined: stars,
squares, and so on. We also use the old multiple-styles trick to draw the
symbol twice at slightly different sizes in different colors, giving a
spiffy outline-and-fill effect. But, these symbols only look good at
certain sizes. For instance, a circle-and-outline only looks good with the
"fill" symbol at size 5 pixels and the "outline" one at 7, a two-color
star only looks good at 9:5, etc. What we're hoping for is a small, a
medium, and a large for each of these, or that someone better at these
symbols than I am to have a trick that looks good at several different
sizes.

If not, I can sit and make up the symbols over a few hours. But I thought
I'd ask around first, see if someone more artistic than I has come up with
a nice set of symbols that look good in two colors.

--
HostGIS
Cartographic development and hosting services