ArcSDE Version Error

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Feb 14 09:54:41 EST 2007

I am trying to get a MapServer ArcSDE connection working.  When I hit
mapserv, I get the follwing errors:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'testsde'.
msSDELayerOpen(): SDE error. SE_version_get_info(): Version not found.
(-126)

I didn't do the compile myself.  Since I don't see any examples where
the version is set in the map file, I am guessing that this error is
showing up because the version was not properly set with the compile
option '--with-sde-version=90'.

Can anyone confirm (or refute) this?

Thanks,

David.