WFS for advanced queries ?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Fri Feb 16 09:22:02 EST 2007

WFS queries are done within the FeatureType level, that is, you can't use WFS to do joins.

I don't think Mapscript proper has join functionality in the API.  Having said this, you can use or write tools to take WFS output and do a join.

..Tom

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of korakas koarkis
	Sent: 16 February, 2007 9:15 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WFS for advanced queries ?

	Hi all,

	I have a PostGIS installed, and I want to setup above a Framework for  visualization and advanced querying the of data.
	(By the term advanced I mean inner/outer join etc)

	I was thinking to use UMN Mapserver with OCG standards:
	*) WMS for visualization and
	*) WFS for quering the data

	Does MapServer handles advanced querying through WFS, or do I have to consider some other API (MapScript) ?

	Thx
	Kio