Mapscript: can't use @@ operator for querying postgis layer

Swapnil Hajare dreamil at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 16 23:14:00 EST 2007

Hi list,
  first greetings to the list.
  I am using mapserver 4.8.3 (ubuntu edgy package) with postgis-pgsql 8.1
and php5-mapscript.
  I am trying to implement full text search engine for Marathi- Devanagari
text (mr_IN) using tsearch2 extension of pgsql. In my map, I am providing a
search interface (which is based on kamap & mapscript), to type text in
Marathi and search it in my postgis layer.  For string comparison in
queryByAttributes, I get results when I use ~* operator. But I don't get any
results when I try to use @@ operator. is it that this operator is not
supported by mapscript? I thought anything supported by pgsql, should be
available in mapscript also. Please guide me on this.

regards,

--
Swapnil Hajare