for calling a single geotiff should I call it directly or reference a shape file

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Sun Feb 18 11:40:09 EST 2007

> What is the most efficient way of displaying a single geotiff within
> MapServer.  Should I call it directly via the data statement or reference
> a shape file via TILEINDEX.

A tileindex for a single image wouldn't make any sense. The point of the
tileindex is to tell Mapserver which raster(s) to open for a given spatial
extent. If you only have one, it won't help any but would add an extra
feew steps of processing.

--
HostGIS
Cartographic development and hosting services