Mapscript.dll from Visual Basic?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 19 15:32:48 EST 2007

Currently there's no explicit COM API supported by the mapserver
project. However I'm planning to create a proposal for supporting this
this kind of interface in the near future.
I can think about 2 potential (easily manageable) solutions to achieve
this functionality.

1. Creating a COM Callable Wrapper (CCW) around the mapscript C# API
2. Creating a SWIG generated ATL COM interface for the project.

I would favour the latter to accomplish this task. Since the SWIG
project does not support creating a COM API directly I'm on the way of
writing some additions to the existing swigxmltocom project to
implment the required functionality.

Best regards,

Tamas Szekeres