obtaining the pixels and lines from set of geotiffs without fully running gdalwarp

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Feb 20 16:49:52 EST 2007

John Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to obtain the pixels and lines of a mosaic from
> set of geotiffs without fully running gdalwarp to create the mosaic but
> just to give me the pixels and lines.  Currently I run gdalwarp -wo
> skip_nosource=yes *.tif mosaicfile.tif and cancel it after it says
> "Creating output file" and then run gdalinfo to obtain the pixels and
> lines against the incomplete mosaic.

John,

The gdal_merge.py python script has a -createonly switch which essentially
does the same ... stop after the mosaic file creation.  Were you wanting a
way of doing this from the commandline?  From a python script?  From a C++
program?

Best regards,