PHP/MapScript getShape() failing with an index returned by getResult() - PostGIS layer

Doug B ummmmm22 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 27 13:52:01 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Doug B wrote:
> > Ok.  I'll return to that. (I take it that also means that getShape()
> > is not deprecated in PHP/MapScript?)
> >

> Correct.
>

> > One other, possibly related, piece of information is that my postgres
> > console window seems to be outputting "ERROR:  cursor "mycursor" does
> > not exist" every time I execute this query.
> >

> Unfortunately I am not a postgis guru, but the following post suggests
> that adding an index on OID might help:
>
> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2004-June/004982.html

Sounds like that may be just a performance issue, not what's actually
preventing the data from appearing at all.  Thanks, though.  I take it
you don't have any ideas for me on the root problem?