Problem: MapServer 4.10.0 with postgis on Debian 3.1

Kai Behncke kbehncke at IGF.UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Wed Jan 3 15:52:00 EST 2007

Hello List,
since a couple of time I try to get MapServer 4.10.0 to get to run
--with-postgis on Debian 3.1 Sarge.

PostgreSQL (8.2) and PostGIS (1.1.6) is successfully configured, compiled and
installed.
I configure MapServer without any problems with:

./configure --with-proj --with-ogr --with-gdal
--with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config --with-wmsclient
--with-wmsserver --with-wfsclient --with-wfs --with-tiff --with-jpeg
--with-php=/usr/local/php --with-freetype --with-png

...then I compile it without any errors, but when I try to check the version
with "./mapserv -v" I always get:

"./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

Has anybody got a clue what I can do to solve the problem?
Thank you very much......

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Dipl.-Umweltw. Kai Behncke

Institut für Geoinformatik und Fernerkundung (IGF)
Universität Osnabrück
Kolpingstr. 7
49074 Osnabrück

Raum: 01/308