MapServer Version

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 15 03:34:06 EST 2007

Hi Guys,

today I've doenloaded the new MS4W package ms4w 2.2.1.zip here:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html,
but when I use -mapserv -v to check the version, it returns:

MapServer version 4.8.3
OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPO
RTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPO
RTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL
INPUT=OGR
 INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

does that mean this package is not using the new MapServer 4.10.0 source?
Should I compile it myself from source code if I want to use the latest
version?

thanks for your information.

Zhonghai