Required/Optional Parameters of a GetMap-Request

Kai Behncke kbehncke at IGF.UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Fri Jan 19 19:25:55 EST 2007

Hello list,
I work a bit with different GetMap-Requests.

For example I try out:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_world?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&Request=GetMap&Layers=WorldGen_Outline&

....and I get a map without any problems.

What I don`t understand:
In the WMS Implementation Specification (page 33)
it is written, that for example parameters like width, height, format,
bounding_box, srs are required (and not optional).

In my GetMap-Request I have not set them.
Why do I anymay get a map?

Best Regards, Kai

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Dipl.-Umweltwiss. Kai Behncke

Institut für Geoinformatik und Fernerkundung (IGF)
Universität Osnabrück
Kolpingstr. 7
49074 Osnabrück

Raum: 01/308