Help Setting up FCGI for Oracle Connection pooling

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Wed Jan 24 06:22:23 EST 2007

Hi Stephen,
    This error (without error code, just point) that the Mapserver
reported occurs when the Oracle Spatial driver can't connect with
Oracle, when the Oracle variables are not present in the system
(ORACLE_HOME and/or ORACLE_BASE). Did you define it inside the
httpd.conf?
    Or, how you reported, the Mapserver can access the Oracle libs,
inside the path the ORACLE_HOME refer. How you report you can change
the permissions to the Ooracle director. The folders, just the
folders, need the execution permissions (+x). I don believe that the
Mapserver as FastCGI needs special access, here I use the PHP as
FastCGI and I didn't change any special about the Oracle.
    Another thing that I saw for FastCGI is the Oracle variables in
the Apache. When you define the Oracle Libs inside the httpd.conf the
FastCGI can't read correctly, you need to define the variables inside
the FastCGI module (the <IfModule fcgid_module>). Unfortunately I am
not in the Lab today (just tomorrow) to have access to my httpd.conf.
 I will send to you the configure that I use here tomorrow.
    Best regards.

Fernando Simon
UMN Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer