WFS in uDig client

Neil Best nbest at FORESTONE.COM
Thu Jan 25 13:01:47 EST 2007

Can anyone confidently describe the status of connecting to a Mapserver WFS
layer using uDig?  I am using the 1.1-RC8 version hot off the web and MS
4.99 from FWTools 1.0.7.  I can use MS as both client and server and test
with shp2img, but when I try it from uDig nothing renders.  I can get a
feature count, however.  Rather than provide further detail I thought I
would ask for a sanity check if it can be expected to work or not at this
time.  My suspicion is that there is a problem with SRS, geomtetry type, or
some other metadata due to my ignorance.  Does uDig enforce a timeout?  I
had to bump it up in my client map file to give my PostGIS server time to
think.  Thanks for any tips.

Neil