problem with html legend + legend limiter?

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 30 10:39:43 EST 2007

Dear Mapserver users,

I'm having some problems with Mapserver 4.10 and the html legend.
I can generate an image legend for all my layers without any problems.

Buthen I try to generate a html layer, this works for all my layers,
except for one. This layer only works after I delete a lot of entries
to make sure that there are only about 33 items in the legend.

When I add that layer, my complete legend disappears, although I still
have a correct map.

Before adding the "evil layer": http://users.ugent.be/~jvdewauw/1.png
After adding it: http://users.ugent.be/~jvdewauw/2.png

(the templates used are the ones from the tutorials)

Is this normal behaviour, or does any one have a clue what I'm doing
wrong? I couldn't find any reference to similar problems. Is there a
limit of items you can put in the legend?

And now that I'm on the list anyway: the true reason that I'm trying
to find out about this legend is that I would like to have some kind
of a legend limiter, limiting the items in your legend to the items
that are visible on the map. If someone has created or done an attempt
to create something like that, I would really like to hear about it
(my other map has >200 items) .

Thanks already!
Johan