SOS disconnect

Charlton Purvis cplist at SECONDCREEK.ORG
Fri Jul 6 08:43:59 EDT 2007

> > edge.  I'll put together a barebones .map and pass around
> > that will hopefully be able to reproduce the problem.

How's this for interesting . . .

The problem persists, but for the purposes of this little .tar.Z I dumped
the table to a shapefile.  And here is what happens:

Doing a GetCapabilities on everything like normal (shapefile where it should
be),
http://your.box.here/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/I/love/mapserver/m.map&request=get
capabilities&service=sos returns an empty XML just like I promised.

Now do one of two things:

* remove ANY layer, and you should get back a nice XML doc (this is in
keeping w/ what I reported earlier, i.e. this # of layers has sent mapserver
over the edge).

* or leave all the layers and simply remove the shapefile goodies.  The
getcaps works fine!  Strange.  I was surprised that it hit the data source
at all for a getcaps.

Oddly, something gets a little foobared when doing a getobs against this
test dataset, and I'm not sure why.  But I'm not really concerned, since it
was able to return nice getobs from my real db no matter how many layers I
had and whether or not the getcaps failed.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Charlton