Try to adjust projection parameters via CGI

Edward G. Balas ebalas at GRNOC.IU.EDU
Tue Jul 10 14:37:33 EDT 2007

Hey Steve,

I finally got back around to verifying that this does work as you
describe.

The only slight trick was getting the correct format for the value
associated
with the  map_PROJECTION  attribute in the URL.

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/gnoc/mapserver/
grnoc.map&mapext=-125%2024%20-60%2070&mode=map&map_PROJECTION=proj%
3dortho,lon_0%3d-90,lat_0%3d-10

Thanks for the assist.

On Jun 29, 2007, at 3:13 PM, Steve Lime wrote:

> You can change projections using the map_... syntax. I believe simply
> setting map_projection=new projection string in a url will suffice.
>
> Steve

> <4AAF5153-6BED-4288-B381-4EF5F66741BA at grnoc.iu.edu>, "Edward G. Balas"
> <ebalas at GRNOC.IU.EDU> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Ive been dorking with mapserver for a while now and cant seem to
>> figure out how to do something which
>> on the surface would seem to be a common task.
>>
>> Within my map, I would like keep lon_0 centered between MINX and MAXX
>> of my extent.
>> The objective is keep the projection centered on what the user is
>> looking at while also allowing the
>> user to change their extent via the CGI interface.
>>
>> I explored using variable substitution but it would appear as if this
>> is not supported in the PROJECTION
>> stanza.
>>

>> Any thoughts on how this might best be accomplished?
>>

>> ---
>> Edward G. Balas
>> ebalas at grnoc.iu.edu

---