Changing Map Projection Dynamically

Edward G. Balas ebalas at GRNOC.IU.EDU
Thu Jul 12 14:20:53 EDT 2007

Bill,

I ran into a similar issue, basically the question came to if you can
specify the projection inside the request URL
I think you'd be able to put it in the HTML template.

The value associated with map_PROJECTION has commas in it that need
encodeing.

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/gnoc/mapserver/
grnoc.map&mapext=-125%2024%20-60%2070&mode=map&map_PROJECTION=proj%
3dortho,lon_0%3d-90,lat_0%3d-10

On Jul 12, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Bill Thoen wrote:

> This has probably been asked before, but I can't find any info on
> it. Basically, I'd like to know how to change the map projection in
> MapServer as I zoom in to a larger scale map view. Specifically, I
> start at a national scale using a Lambert projection, but when I
> zoom into a state scale, I'd like to choose a more appropriate
> projection (like State Plane).
>
> Can this be done easily with a map file or an HTML template? What's
> the best way to solve this problem?
>
> - Bill Thoen

---
Edward G. Balas