Spam: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Strange imagetype/outputformat behaviour

Dejan Gambin dejan.gambin at PULA.HR
Sat Jul 14 07:17:44 EDT 2007

Frank,

No the declarations are not nested, I just made a mistake while pasting it
in the message.

I am trying to use a custom outputformat. I set something like:

IMAGETYPE "custom"
OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME "custom"
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGB
  FORMATOPTION  INTERLACE=OFF
  TRANSPARENT OFF
END

...the resulting display is lower color quality than the first one and the
image size is 53KB. I tried the same without the quotation marks, it is the
same. Then I have tried different combinations using DRIVER "GDAL/PNG",
nothing works...then I tried using IMAGETYPE png without having OUTPUTFORMAT
png defined - the same. But when I replace both and set:

IMAGETYPE png
OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGB
  FORMATOPTION  INTERLACE=OFF
  TRANSPARENT OFF
END

...the resulting display is better color quality and the image size is 303KB
!

So I really don't understand what is happening. I am using MS4W. Mapserv.exe
-v shows:

MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
DEBUG=MSDEBUG

The problem is that I don't know if the "better display result" is indeed
the best one I can get...

Thanks for any help

regards, dejan