SUM: Building PHP Mapscript

Bill Thoen bthoen at GISNET.COM
Tue Jul 17 13:53:07 EDT 2007

Thanks everyone for helping get PHP MapScript to compile. I managed to
get it to work finally.  A word of warning though for anyone else who
might need to do this. Unless you plan to rebuild your copy of PHP, make
sure you use the same version of PHP source that you are running on your
machine. I first tried downloading the latest PHP source, but since that
was a few versions newer than what's running on my machine, the
resulting php_mapscript.so library wouldn't work (the API versions
didn't match). But when I used the same version of PHP source as I have
installed on my machine, everything worked fine. In retrospect, I should
have expected this, but I seem to have to bang my head against the wall
a few times before I realize why I have a headache...