Setting attributes of shapes on php-mapscript

Francesco Antognini fantognini at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 18 15:15:00 EDT 2007

As a follow up:

On 7/17/07, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> I think the first step would be to file a enhancement ticket in Trac
> listing the missing methods. It may be too late to get that in 5.0 since
> the feature freeze is this coming Monday and our plates are already
> full, but ya never know, if you provide a good enough use case then
> someone might be able to get that in.
>
> Daniel

I posted an enhancement request in Trac. Let's hope I was convincing enough :-)

On 7/17/07, Burgholzer,Robert <rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov> wrote:
> Francesco,
> This may not be what you are looking for, or it may be stating the
> obvious, but why not create your shapes in a PostGIS table?  Then you
> could manipulate them quite easily via SQL calls?

Interesting idea since PostGis supports temporary tables. However I'm
not sure Mapserver could reuse the same session/transaction initiated
by php (to access the temp shape table).

--
Francesco Antognini
Computer Consultant
fantognini at gmail.com