Mapserver sites with public map data in the US/Canada

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at UVA.NL
Sun Jul 22 12:33:26 EDT 2007

Folks,

For a German-Dutch funding proposal I am looking for Mapserver sites in
the US and Canada that are based on maps which are not publicly
available here in Europe, especially cadastral and large scale
topographical maps. Preferebly these sites should be developed by small
independent firms. A good example is Rich Greenwood's Teton County Map
Server (http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/). I vaguely remember a
housing server for New York, and a very large system for Portland City,
but all pointers are welcome. We are trying to convince our local
bigwigs that it can be profitable to make these data publicly available,
both for government and for small to medium-sized firms. Those maps are
completely monopolized by government and big business over here.

Please send me personally any pointers you can think of, and I'll
summarize them for the list.

Thanks

Jan

Dr. J. Hartmann