use data field for building a combined / dynamic symbol?

karsten vennemann karsten at TERRAGIS.NET
Tue Jul 24 16:55:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I wanted to figure out if it is possible to use an attribute to build a
"dynamic" symbol for a point layer. Let's say I create a triangle as a
symbol definition and wanted to show a number as the attribute of that point
inside the triangle on the map - just like a label but inside the symbol.
The only way I found to do that would be to create an individual symbol
definition for each number that exists in the attributes (each would be a
small image for example). Is there any way that I could create a dynamic
symbol (similar to a combination of the label and symbol)?

Thanks

Karsten

Terra GIS LTD
Seattle