MapServer 5.0.0 release plan ... and release of beta1

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Thu Jul 26 10:53:17 EDT 2007

> - MS RFC 19: Added Style and Label attribute binding

What does this mean exactly?

> - MS RFC 29: Added dynamic charting (pie and bar charts)

Hey neat.

> - MS RFC 32: Added support for map rendering using the AGG library for
>   better output quality

Oh yes! Mapserver is excellent, but the graphics could have used
improvement. This is great news!

> - MS RFC 17: Use dynamic allocation for symbols, layers, classes and styles
>   (got rid of the static limit on the number of instances of each in a map)

Seriously? No more limit in map.h, a truly unlimited number of layers
and symbols and so on? Boy, this makes my day!

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA