MapServer 5.0.0 release plan ... and release of beta1

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Sun Jul 29 15:46:23 EDT 2007

OSX binaries ready on my site.  I'll try to keep up to date on the
betas.

For now I did only the framework build (aka dynamic libraries).  If
problems are found that are definitely caused by this and I can't fix
them, I'll make the normal static lib build.

I don't have much time for run tests, but I'll see if I can tackle
what's on the checklist over the coming weeks.  I wanted to at least
add a couple Mac notes to the checklist, even after logging in I
didn't see an edit link for the page.  lack of permissions?

OSX notes:

SDE - not available for OSX (or maybe note which platforms it is only
available for)

OCI - only available for PPC OSX

On Jul 25, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> MapServer 5.0.0-beta1 release:
>
> Today we are also releasing MapServer 5.0.0-beta1. The source
> package and links to binaries are available at:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy