Authentication

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Mon Jul 30 02:30:08 EDT 2007

Ruben Pardo wrote:
> We want to protect a number of layers to non-authenticate users.
> I want to ask how people use to protect layers served by mapserver? is
> there any mechanism inside mapserver for this?

There sure isn't. Authentication has to be done at some other layer,
typically the webserver layer. If Tomcat is generating the requests,
then that'd be the best place to do the authentication.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA